I am an Advanced Accredited Practicing Dietitian and Credentialled Diabetes Educator with more than 20 years experience providing individualised nutrition and diabetes education.
I work with individuals with type 1 diabetes, women with gestational diabetes, women with polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) and those following or wanting to adopt a plant-based (vegetarian or vegan) diet. I offer consultations via telehealth (videoconference or telephone) or in my office in Chatswood, Sydney.
To book an appointment, please contact my receptionist on 0416 747 747 or request an appointment via our contact form.
Whether you are newly-diagnosed or have had diabetes for a while and need an update, I will work closely with you and your endocrinologist and/or GP to help you in managing your diabetes. In addition to my professional experience, I have personally lived with type 1 diabetes since the age of 10, providing me with a real understanding of the issues faced in the day to day management of diabetes. I can help you with the following:
- Diabetes management education when you are newly-diagnosed
- Dietary management of diabetes
- Exercise and other lifestyle factors
- Self blood glucose monitoring
- Insulin administration
- Insulin pumps and continuous glucose monitoring (CGM)
POLYCYSTIC OVARY SYNDROME (PCOS)
A healthy lifestyle is an essential part of managing PCOS and is recommended as the first step in treatment. I have extensive experience and understanding of the dietary and lifestyle management of PCOS. This was the topic of my PhD research, I am author of The Low GI Diet for PCOS, a guest lecturer on PCOS at the University of Sydney and a member of the lifestyle Guideline Development Group for the PCOS International Evidence-Based Guidelines. If you have PCOS, I can help you with:
- Understanding the important role lifestyle changes play in the management of PCOS.
- Understanding insulin resistance and its role in PCOS.
- Dietary education and advice for PCOS.
- Understanding the role of exercise and other lifestyle factors
- Pre-conception and pregnancy nutrition and lifestyle management.
- Reducing the health risks (including risk of diabetes) associated with PCOS.
I follow a whole-food plant-based diet myself and am passionate about the benefits of plant-based diets for health, animal welfare and the planet. Whether you are a long-term vegan/vegetarian or new to plant-based eating, and whether for health, ethical or environmental reasons, I can help you with:
- Understanding the benefits of eating a whole-food plant-based diet.
- Making the transition to a plant-based diet.
- Ensuring you are meeting your nutritional needs on a plant-based diet.
- Providing meal and recipe ideas.
- Preventing, managing and reversing chronic diseases with a plant-based diet.
- Plant-based eating during pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Advice on raising children on a plant-based diet.
BOOK AN APPOINTMENT
Appointments are available at my office Chatswood, Sydney, or by telephone or videoconference.
Current appointment days and times are:
Wednesday: 7:30am to 4:30pm (Chatswood office)
Thursday: 7:00am to 4.00pm (Telephone or videoconference)
Saturday: 7:30am to 4:00pm (Chatswood office)
To book an appointment, please 0416 747 747 or send a message via my contact page.
Please note that I am currently only seeing new clients with type 1 diabetes, gestational diabetes, polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) and those wanting advice on plant-based nutrition (vegetarian or vegan diets). If you are seeking help for other reasons I recommend my colleagues at Northside Nutrition and Dietetics, who have expertise in other areas of nutrition. Due to COVID-19 all consultations are currently by telehealth (videoconference or telephone).